Thank you for your interest in Swans Hotel and Brewpub; Our 60 colleagues are friendly professionals making our Hotel and Brewpub an unforgettable experience in Victoria. If you are a motivated and energetic individual, we invite you to submit your resume.
Working at Swans!
At Swans, we have a culture of respect, where opinions are valued.
At Swans we are looking for colleagues that give great guest service, work well within teams and want to have fun at work. The skills we value are Communication, Initiative, Guest Service Focus, Professional & Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Planning and Organizing, and Integrity.
Swans is proudly owned by the University of Victoria as a result of a generous gift from Mr. Michael Williams, our founder, at the time of his death in the year 2000.
What’s in it for you?
At Swans you will be part of our family and you can expect:
- Competitive wage
- Extended healthcare benefits program (minimum hours required for qualification).
- Complementary Brewery educational sessions
- Meal program
- Comfortable break room
- 50% off rates in the hotel
- Two colleague parties per year
- Potential for promotion and growth
- Annual performance development to foster growth
- Volunteer opportunities with Our Place homeless shelter
You can expect to work hard and have fun, meet great people; our guests and our colleagues, develop your career or earn money while you go to school.
How to Apply
We believe that an employment decision is a two way decision; if this sounds like a place you would like to work, please send your resume at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find below our current job posting. If you have the experience required and the qualities we are looking for and this sounds like a place you would like to work then go ahead and apply.
All resumes received are held in confidence and only apply if you have permission to work in Canada.
Thank you to all candidates that submit resumes, however, due to the volume of resumes received only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Current Job Postings:
Beer & Liquor Store Clerk
Reporting to the Beer & Liquor Store Manager and in their absence the Assistant Beer & Liquor Store Manager, the position is a key member of the Beer & Liquor Store team. The Beer & Liquor Store clerk is a hands on position responsible for assisting customers with purchase. In addition the position stocks shelves, receives orders, and is responsible for the cleanliness and security of the store. We are committed to outstanding customer service, and creating an environment that exceeds customer expectations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction at all times, increasing sales while preserving margins and maximizing profitability.
- Assists customers in finding products, making selections, purchasing items.
- Introduce, promote and educate customers on Swans award winning beer, price point and availability.
- Promote Swans Beer and all stock to ensure appropriate stock rotation.
- Resolves potential confrontational issues when dealing with intoxicated individuals, shop lifters or those attempting to obtain liquor illegally maintaining personal safety at all times.
- Store opening and closing duties.
- Performs cash control duties through correct counting and verification of sales, deposit preparation, cash register set up and close out.
Job Requirements, Qualifications and Competencies
- Sincere guest focus and true appreciation for the guest experience.
- Experience in a retail store operation, applying liquor laws related to the sale of alcohol, providing customer service, operating a computerized point-of-sale system.
- Strong knowledge of beer, wine, and liquor. Knowledge and passion for craft beers.
- Good knowledge of cash control in a retail environment.
- High level of integrity and accountability.
- Previous experience in high volume retail; related industry preferred.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting tasks (up to 25 Ibs.) for an extended period of time.
- Serving it Right.
- A flexible schedule is required, including evening and weekends depending on operational requirements.
- This position is a part time, hourly position.
Preference will be given to those with knowledge and experience in the retail beer industry. We are looking for candidates with strong customer service skills and the ability to multi-task.
Please apply by emailing us at email@example.com