Thank you for your interest in Swans Hotel and Brewpub; Our 60 colleagues are friendly professionals making our Hotel and Brewpub an unforgettable experience in Victoria. If you are a motivated and energetic individual, we invite you to submit your resume.
Working at Swans!
At Swans, we have a culture of respect, where opinions are valued.
At Swans we are looking for colleagues that give great guest service, work well within teams and want to have fun at work. The skills we value are Communication, Initiative, Guest Service Focus, Professional & Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Planning and Organizing, and Integrity.
Swans is proudly owned by the University of Victoria as a result of a generous gift from Mr. Michael Williams, our founder, at the time of his death in the year 2000.
What’s in it for you?
At Swans you will be part of our family and you can expect:
- Competitive wage
- Extended healthcare benefits program (minimum hours required for qualification).
- Complementary Brewery educational sessions
- Meal program
- Comfortable break room
- 50% off rates in the hotel
- Two colleague parties per year
- Potential for promotion and growth
- Annual performance development to foster growth
- Volunteer opportunities with Our Place homeless shelter
You can expect to work hard and have fun, meet great people; our guests and our colleagues, develop your career or earn money while you go to school.
How to Apply
We believe that an employment decision is a two way decision; if this sounds like a place you would like to work, please send your resume at any time to email@example.com
Please find below our current job posting. If you have the experience required and the qualities we are looking for and this sounds like a place you would like to work then go ahead and apply.
All resumes received are held in confidence and only apply if you have permission to work in Canada.
Thank you to all candidates that submit resumes, however, due to the volume of resumes received only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Current Job Postings:
Reporting to the Chef de Maison and in their absence the Sous Chef, this is a hands-on position assisting in the operations of the kitchen for pub operations and banquet functions.
- Maximize guest satisfaction while maximizing profits.
- Ensure all food meets quality standards.
- Participate in special catering events.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Keep current of food trends and keep Swans current and forward moving with continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a team setting, fostering a professional kitchen with high standards of food quality and colleague morale.
- Maintain food safe standards at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality of company and colleague information and discussions.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting up to 50 lbs
- All other duties as assigned that support the mandate of Swans Brewery, Pub & Hotel
Job Qualifications, Competencies
- 2 years’ experience in a kitchen role.
- Foodsafe Level 2, WHMIS
- Written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Onsite for functions, holidays, busy operational days, or as business operations demand.
- A flexible schedule is required, including evening and weekend depending on operational requirements.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with staff and suppliers.
- Highly detail oriented, exceptional organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Sincere guest focus and true appreciation for the guest experience.
- Maintain supply of all goods required for efficient operations.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org